Floyd County Justice Center
The sixth Floyd County Courthouse to be constructed since the first log structure in 1808, the design for this 65,000 square foot courts and county government complex is reminiscent of the brick, two story courthouse that served the County from 1888 to 1963. Finely detailed masonry and cut stone was used to simulate its predecessor's strong architectural elements on a larger scale. Horizontal stone banding, arched windows and tower are strong character giving elements appropriate for the County's center of government. The structure houses the Circuit and District Court systems and the Court Clerk as well as various departmental support entities. Government offices occupy two floors and set above one floor of secured parking reserved for judges and other selected building occupants.